Even in the wet season, this is a magical time to see Angkor. As the crowds thin, take an unforgettable walk through the temple, where the soft light and cool temperatures present Angkor at its best. A short pedal away a delicious breakfast spread awaits. After breakfast we ride around the hidden trails of the Angkor complex to visit some of the best kept secrets and the iconic temples of the Bayon, Ta Prohm and The Elephant Terrace.
DAY 1: Angkor Wat Sunrise Explorer [25-30km]
The tour starts with a pickup from your hotel. The time will be advised when we confirm your booking. You will meet the rest of the group at Angkor Wat where your guide will pick out the perfect position to watch the dawn break. If the weather gods are with you the sun will rise up behind Angkor Wat and provide the most stunning of silhouettes.
As the other early risers head back to their hotel, you will have Angkor to yourselves in the best light of the day. Your guide will take you through to give you an overview of Angkor Wat after which you will take a short ride to breakfast, had just outside the temple area in peaceful surrounds.
The rest of the day is spent riding the back trails through ruins and forest and stopping at both iconic and less known temples. Among others, we stop at the Bayon and Ta Prohm, both considered essential temples to visit. We take lunch by the small reservoir called Sra Srang and as the day heats up, we drive back to town and to your hotel. You can expect to arrive back around 3pm.
Meals included: L
Distance cycled: 25 - 30km
Level of difficulty: Beginner
• All sightseeing tour and transfer services as detailed in the above itinerary
• English speaking local cycle guide / mechanic
• Quality bicycles hire
• Daily drinking water, cool face towels & snacks whilst cycling
• One lunch at local restaurant
• Services not detailed in the above itinerary
• International flights to / from Cambodia
• Air conditioned support vehicle
• Angkor Wat Pass
• Cambodian Visa fees
• Drinks with included meals
• Expenditure of a personal nature
• Discretionary tips
• Travel insurance
• Any payment / money transfer charges
Click here for general cycling tour information.