Day 1: Cruise to Prek Toal
You will be picked up at 6am from your hotel and drive to the river port. The boat takes about 1hr to 1hr 30min to Prek Toal or Peak Kanteil floating village, across the flooded forest. There will be an explanation about the unique ecosystem of the lake and its flora and fauna on the way. You will have a pinic breakfast on boat before arriving at the floating village. We change the boat in order to visit the bird sanctuary guided by a local ranger. The flooded forest gives you the best opportunity to see and understand this complex natural ecosystem. Climb up on a tree top platform to view bird colonies with a telescope and binoculars. Return to the floating village to enjoy a typical lunch in the Community Restaurant. Then visit the Environmental Education class and the water hyacinth handicraft workshop. You then discover On a how the local community has adapted to their floating and ever changing environment by getting on a small traditional Khmer paddle boat: crocodile and fish farms, a floating school, floating gardens: the best experience to see an exceptional way of life. Return to Siem Reap and arrive at your hotel around 6pm.
Meals included: B, L
Please note, there can be some difficulties as well as itinerary changes during low water season (February to March)!
• Some people may find it difficult to climb up the steep tree top platform ladder.
• Lunch will be served on the boat in the sanctuary instead of the Community Restaurant.
• The village tour will be done by big boat instead of Khmer paddle boat.
• All sightseeing tour and transfer services as detailed in the above itinerary
• Community Guides (limited English)
• English speaking local guide
• All necessary entrance fees
• All necessary boat trips
• All necessary transportation
• Visit of the floating village by paddle boat
• Drinking water
• Picnic breakfast and one lunch
• Services not detailed in the above itinerary
• Travel to tour start location (Siem Reap)
• Cambodian Visa fees
• Expenditure of a personal nature
• Drinks with included meals
• Discretionary tips
• Travel insurance
• Any payment / money transfer charges
Click here for general travel information.
Bird Sanctuary & Floating Village of Prek Toal
- Durations: 1 - 4 days
- Tour Code: PTFBF-1D
There is so much more to Cambodia than Angkor. Near the temples, you can find the Tonle Sap Lake, one of the world's most productive fresh water lakes and host to the largest colonies of water birds in South-East Asia. This 1-day tour allows you to discover the flooded forest and visit the bird sanctuary of Prek Toal.