This morning you spin away from the early morning hustle and bustle of Phnom Penh to Cheoung Ek, more commonly known as the 'Killing Fields'. After some contemplation you continue pedaling south and after a short route along almost traffic-free dirt roads and some lightly trafficked tarmac roads you will arrive at Tonle Bati, where we will have time to explore the small yet picturesque Angkorian temples of Ta Prohm and Yeay Peau. Enjoy your lunch here before continuing south towards Takeo, en-route, visit Chiso Mountain, where you can climb a 180-step to the top of the mountain to explore the well-preserved ruins of a 10th century Angkorian temple. Enjoy an amazing view over the typical Cambodian countryside.
Meals included: Lunch, Dinner
Overnight in Takeo
Distance cycled Approx. 85km
After a good breakfast we take a short transfer into the countryside to the starting point. We then start riding the back roads pass villages and rice fields. We also stop at the famous of Kampot Pepper plantation located at Phnom Voir. This pepper used to be the number one pepper in the world. After which, we transfer to Kep town for lunch.
Kep was a popular seaside resort with Cambodia’s elite in the 1940s-60s, but it was abandoned during the Khmer Rouge period. Today it is experiencing a revival with many of the empty, decaying villas being restored into delightful hotels. Kep is also famous for its seafood, which you can taste at the numerous beachside restaurants.
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch
Distance cycled Approx. 60km
• All sightseeing tour and transfer services as detailed in the above itinerary
• 1 night in Takeo & 1 night in Kep
• Air conditioned support vehicle
• English speaking local cycle guide
• Bicycle hire with helmet
• All entrance fees for attractions included in the above itinerary
• Daily drinking water & snacks whilst cycling
• Meals as detailed in the above itinerary (B= Breakfast - L = Lunch - D = Dinner)
• International flights to / from Cambodia
• Cambodian Visa fees
• Drinks with included meals
• Expenditure of a personal nature
• Discretionary tips
• Travel insurance
• Any payment / money transfer charges
Click here for general cycling tour information.